EDTC300,  Learning Project

Diving into the World of Digital Art

I’m always eager to pick up new hobbies, and this assignment presented a fantastic opportunity to explore the world of digital art. As technology becomes increasingly central to our lives, it’s no surprise that it has transformed the world of art as well. This transformation has intrigued my interest, so I decided to dive into the realm of digital art and learn more about the creative processes involved.

If you’ve read my introduction, you know I’m not a technology guru. In fact, I tend to stick to what I know. But I believe stepping out of my comfort zone is crucial for personal growth, both as a student and an individual. So, in this journey into digital art, I’m embracing the unfamiliar and seeing where it takes me.

To begin, I’ll be using Procreate, an app that offers a vast array of digital tools for creating art. Throughout this course, I plan to dedicate at least one hour each week to practicing and creating digital artwork, with the goal of completing one piece every Sunday. Along the way, I’ll be documenting my journey—the highs, the lows, and everything in between. I hope to capture the joy of creating something new, the peace that art can bring, and, yes, the frustration that comes with learning a new skill.

I believe this experience will not only help me grow but also prepare me to create a safe and positive learning environment for the students I hope to teach someday. By understanding what it’s like to tackle a new challenge, I’ll be better prepared to guide others on their learning journeys.

To support my learning journey, I plan to use a variety of media platforms for inspiration and guidance. Here are a few I’ll be using:

• TikTok
  • YouTube
  • Blogs
  • Pinterest

As I chip away at this new project, I’ll add any other helpful resources I find to my list.

Thanks for reading! I hope you’ll follow along as I navigate the world of digital art and share my progress. Stay tuned for more updates on my journey!