My Goals

Overall

As of right now I am still a student but I am working towards my future of becoming an elementary teacher. There are a few things I need to work on and develop in terms of my goals.

Personal Goals

Personally, I feel I need to work on Mindfulness. I plan on slowing down and taking a look at the things I’m grateful for and appreciate. In the classroom I plan on being more interactive and “in the moment” to really listen and understand what others have to say and what is going on. I hope to develop better relationships with my peers, family and friends, collogues, and future students.

I want to clean up my digital footprint and be mindful on what I post and share online. I plan on going through the social platforms I don’t use anymore and deleting or managing my accounts as well as go back into past years and manage my posts to make sure I post only positive and relevant information. I want to become more aware of what I post or share and have those items being things that are relevant to my profession as well as appropriate for everyone to see.

Professional and Educational Goals

Over my time learning at the university level, I have learned so much! I know that learning is never done and I will continue to learn and grow throughout the remainder of my education degree and into my teaching career. I hope to grow my learnings and knowledge by experiencing new things, learning and appreciating the stories and experiences shared by others, and learning the various pedagogical approaches that exist. I plan to further my education after my degree by obtaining an Inclusive Education Certificate as well as a Bachelor’s in Education in the future.

In a professional setting I think my time management could be developed further. I get my work done on time but I usually wait until the last minute to do it. I plan to change this and start tasks sooner rather than later. This would be very helpful in the classroom in terms of lesson and unit planning as well as corrections, evaluations, and assessments. I recently started a day planner for all of my personal and school events and deadlines and I hope to integrate this into my future classroom so I can spend my time more effectively and efficiently.

Another professional goal I plan on working on is the use of technology and electronics in my classroom and teachings. I know that there are MANY apps, websites, tech equipment, and so on, that would be very beneficial in my future classroom.