Feedback & Equity

In my opinion, receiving constructive criticism presents chances to grow as a learner and elevate one’s output. My two classmates evaluated my work.

Below are some points made by First Reviewer

• The selection of seesaw is appropriate because kindergarten students can easily use it.
  • Young students find using Seesaw interesting because teachers can upload a range of media uploads.
  • The use of Seesaw, LUMI and H5P shows that efforts have been made to engage students in interactive activities.
  • The course profile is designed effectively and easy to follow.

Points made by Second reviewer

• Lumi activities #1 and #2 were easy to understand.
  • ADDIE model was easy to follow and planned in organized way.

Suggestions

• Prepare two complete modules on two different sounds.
  • Try to make YouTube video interactive.

To improve my ADDIE model, I will undoubtedly work on it. Also, I will create two comprehensive modules for teaching letter-like sounds, such as A and B. However, I didn’t make my YouTube video interactive because my intended audience is kindergarten pupils, who are incapable of reading anything.

Reflection on Accessibility and Equity

Online studies have become necessary at the advent of technology. The shift to offering online programs has unveiled huge gaps within access with respect to technological equity. The challenges include problems in the reliability of the internet and poor availability of hardware or software. A poor learning environment is a socio-economic factor that exacerbate disparities in education. These problems may hinder the students from engaging fruitfully in learning online, thus affecting their academic performance. It also robs them of a richer learning experience.

Acknowledging diversity, organizations must make materials accessible in a manner that will benefit all potential users (BCcampus, 2024). BCcampus (2024) further posits that the institutions of higher learning are examples where tutors need to select media technologies that support diverse users. Kovac (2019) points out that there are a number of media technologies that can be used including audio, video, and slides. Designers are called upon to ensure that their choice of media caters to the physically handicapped. BCcampus (2024) recommends that instructors consider the underlying factors considering either intuitive or inductive approaches to choosing media technologies. BCcampus (2024) states that instructors need to consider the varying demographic diversity of students ensuring that their needs are optimally attended. They also need to ensure that the students can not only efficiently but also affordably afford the media. Eventually, different students differently access content. The instructors must ensure that the materials accessed inform the same needs.

Kovac recommends that educators work with their institution’s Office of Accessibility to develop the use of universally designed courses. This, therefore, entails institutional commitment not only in the provision of the necessary technological infrastructure but also in the development of an inclusive culture that supports diversity in learning. There is a need to find a way through which to counter the challenge. Instructors need the knowledge of the specific difficulties most students would be experiencing, especially a student living with disabilities or one who cannot access technological resources (Toy, 2024).

References