EDTC 300

Is Twitter The Future?

I believe the benefits of Twitter are changing classrooms and connecting educators from all over. In my time on Twitter (since September) I have been able to connect with teachers and share ideas to make the classroom a better space. I think Twitter is great for teachers to communicate with parents about activities and to share with other teachers. However, as a student working towards becoming a teacher I am struggling with my Twitter posts because I don’t have any in class activities to share and have never taught in a classroom before. I am finding many creative ideas on how to teach kids but some become repetitive when I don’t have my own experiences to share.

I understand the assignment this term and think it is so beneficial because we are learning how to professionally act with other professionals on social media. When I become a teacher I don’t think I will struggle as much with posting on Twitter as I do now.

What education Twitter accounts do you most react with that you would recommend?

• Jean-Paul Kamdem

Hello Meghan,
    From your post, I can see that you are also new in using Twitter. It is great to use Twitter in classroom especially if you are teaching grade 8-12. But I strongly believe that this should be done with the approval of parents. I agree with you when you said ‘’ When I become a teacher, I don’t think I will struggle as much with posting on Twitter as I do now”, because I will be struggling with preparing my lessons.