Will Sully Approve…?

I have recently been working on making Sully (my dog) a hat! Since the bandana went over so well with him, I decided to work on something else for him. I have been enjoying these projects because I am making them for someone other than myself, and because they are smaller in scale and easier to work on with the busy schedule of a student. 

The pattern I am following is written and not a video like I usually like, but it is somewhat easy to follow and is helping me retain the crochet lingo and abbreviations. I also adapted the pattern a little bit to better suit my skill level, such as only using one colour instead of switching yarn colours and creating an unnecessary mess that has the potential to become frustrating. I am also trying to remember to not get caught up by the small stuff. Creating is the goal not perfection. 

I haven’t quite finished the hat yet, but I will likely get a chance once finals and spring cleaning have both wrapped themselves up! 

Half-finished hat
First, Sully looked at the hat and shook his head to say “nope lady that will not be going on me”

Here are some photos of the unfinished hat, so you can kind of get an idea of what it is going to look like. I think Sully will approve, but what do you think? Will the hat be up to his standards?

I tried again to put it on him and he ran away 🙁

2 thoughts on “Will Sully Approve…?”

1. Hey Raisa,
    This is super cute!! And I kind of want to take up knitting again to make something for my cat to either love or hate wearing!! haha. I like that you are going out of your comfort zone and reading a pattern instead of watching a video. When I taught myself to knit I used the same progression and it does get easier. I feel like changing yarn colours is easier than you assume it will be but I definitely suggest watching a video for that endeavour!
    Back to challenging yourself, I love your mindset of focusing on creating vs. the end result because we can only grow when we enter the feeling of discomfort. Another thing to note is that in my learning journey, an instructor told his audience to “embrace the mistakes!” you can’t learn how to correct mistakes if you narrowly avoid them at all costs.
    You’re doing great and even if Sully doesn’t approve (yet!) I do.. and maybe he’ll come around in time haha!

Keep up the great work!!

2. Amazing hat, Raisa! Hopefully Sully won’t run away once it’s finished. He will look adorable in it 🙂