Learning Project Conclusion: What did I learn?

When I reflect on this learning project, I can conclude that I am not very good at crocheting… BUT I did learn a whole lot about the Internet, technology, and the world of online learning. 

One of the first things I learned is how difficult it is for me to follow directions that are only written. I knew I was more of an auditory learner when it comes to information processing and memory, but I am surprised with how much easier it was for me to follow instructions when I could visually see the steps being done. I found that the easiest patterns to follow were ones that were demonstrated visually and spoken. The most difficult patterns to follow were ones that were just written. The differentiation in my own learning reinforces the importance of providing variance when delivering instructions to students. 

Another aspect of my learning through this project is the development of my video editing skills. I have wanted for a while to learn how to better edit videos, but one of my problems was what? What can I film so that I can learn to edit? Insert learning project. I had something to film and a space to learn something, fail, try again, and develop techniques in the video editing space. Through what I have learned, I have been shooting, editing, and posting other types of content which brings me so much joy (here is a link to my most recent TikTok that is not about crochet, but demonstrates what I have learned about editing). I have been having a lot of fun with video content on social media! Social media proved itself to be a great resource for learning a new skill, and I continue to use social media as a place for inspiration regardless of the avenue. 

One last concept I learned about is that it is okay if things don’t work out. Failure is a blessing and a lesson. As an ‘I need to be good at everything I do’ person, this is a big step. I am not good at crocheting, but does that mean I can’t just enjoy the process even if my projects look like balls of tangled up yarn? No. I can make tangled yarn messes if that’s what my little heart desires! 

All in all, I learned quite a lot through this process, both about technology and about myself. 

Thanks for following along friends, cheers!