That’s a Wrap! – Summary of Learning

Welcome to my Summary of Learning for my second grad studies course, EC&I 830 – Contemporary Issues in Educational Technology. This was my first Masters of Education tech course and I knew going into it that I had a big challenge ahead of me and a lot to learn!

However, the main purpose of taking my Masters in Education is to learn and grow. If I already had the acquired skill set in this area of teaching and technology, then it would therefore be irrelevant for me to complete the course.

Learning is growth, and growth leads to positive change within our classrooms and society. In life, we will continue to live and teach in a dominantly digital world. Therefore, it is vital as both educators and members of society, that we learn how to navigate the use of technology in a purposeful way.

A quote to signify the importance of professional growth: “If we teach today as we taught yesterday, we rob our children of tomorrow.” – John Dewey

As I continue to become further educated on the topic of education and technology, I look forward to developing and enhancing my pedagogy of technology in the classroom.

I want to send out a huge thank-you to you Katia, and all of my fellow classmates for a wonderful learning experience in EC&I 830. Wishing you all the best with your future endeavors of tech use and education!

8 Replies to “That’s a Wrap! – Summary of Learning”

1. Great summary, Alyssa!

It was nice working with you. Enjoy your summer and I hope our paths will cross again.

1. Alyssa Johnson says: Reply

Thank you so much Nicole! 🙂
      It was so great working and learning alongside you this semester! I hope that you have a fantastic summer with family and friends and hope to connect again soon!

2. Nicole Romanow says: Reply

Hey Alyssa!
    Awesome job Alyssa! I really liked your examples of kid’s books! That book “But I read it on the internet”!!! I need to get that for my kids….
    I was good to connect with you again! Take care and have a fabulous summer! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! 🙂

1. Alyssa Johnson says: Reply

Hi Nicole!
      After to many years it was so nice to connect with you again, even if it was just over Zoom! 🙂 Thank you so much for your kind comments about my video! I too loved yours! So creative, fun and super engaging, I know tech is both newer for the both of us through this class, but I would have to say that we both did pretty good! I hope you have a great summer with family and friends and hope to connect again!

3. Megan Henrion says: Reply

Great work, Alyssa! I remember being a bit overwhelmed with my first tech class, having to set up a blog and step into some areas that I have never been before! It gets easier as you take more tech classes. I recommend taking more if you can/want since you learn a lot that you need in the classroom! Have a great summer!

1. Hi Megan! Thank you so much for the kind words! 🙂 Ok, that is so nice to hear and glad I am not the only one that has felt that way! I completely agree with you, the skills I have now developed will help me so much in the classroom going forward. Has been really great working alongside you, have a fantastic summer!

4. Kimberly Kipp says: Reply

Great job, Alyssa! I understand what you are saying 100% – this was my first EdTech course….actually, this was my first graduate course, period! I had never created a blog before, and I knew it would be a steep learning curve/push me outside of my comfort zone. You are so right though, the purpose is to never stop learning or growing. Your students are certainly lucky to have you and this growth mindset! Best wishes on your future learning endeavors.

1. Alyssa Johnson says: Reply

Hi Kimberly!

Thank you so much for your kind words and support, it is so appreciated! I totally agree with you about the learning and growth perspective. Challenging ourselves and pushing ourselves out of our comfort zones will not only make us better educators, but better people! You did such a fantastic job in your first grad studies class and it was so wonderful learning alongside you! I hope that we are able to connect again soon, have a fantastic summer! 🙂