Levin (pg.8) states “Curriculum is defined as an official statement of what students are expected to know and able to do” but really who exactly develops the curriculum? Throughout the article “Curriculum Policy and the Politics of What Should be Learned in School” by Ben Levin, it is made aware that politics are crucial to the development of the curriculum. Politics truly effect everything in our society especially education. Every single educational decision can almost always be viewed as a political decision, which this includes curriculum development. Politian’s are always bringing up various things they believe should be taught, then the curriculum is often built off of the discussions they have to follow their beliefs. As a teacher this concerns me because creating a curriculum is a huge job and the government should be taking suggestions from more people than the Politian’s.

After I had a chance to read the Treaty Education document, again it was brought to my attention that there is not much input from the public. Throughout the first couple of pages there are acknowledgements to everyone who helped create it, I noticed all the people mentioned are in the field of education or involved in politics. I don’t believe there is anything wrong with this, I just think it would be more beneficial if there was suggestions from the public. Creating a document about this would be very difficult because Treaty Education is such a huge and important topic and separating everything into various outcomes and indicators would be very stressful. I felt this document is a great starting point for teaching Treaty Education but I also feel that if could go much deeper.