AR VR MR – Week 12

AR VR MR – Week 12

First off, what is Augmented, Virtual and Mixed Reality?! If you are anything like me, someone who has limited knowledge on any of these realities, you also would have appreciated this week’s presentation on the topic.  Matt, Kim and Brian did a great job putting their content in a way that a novice like me can understand!  Matt, Kim and Brian illustrated the importance of distinguishing the difference between these three terms to completely understand them.  Augmented Reality as outlined…

Read More Read More

Coding – Week 11

Coding – Week 11

Prior to this week’s class I had some, but VERRRRRY minimal experience with coding.  I have never been someone who is drawn to these types of activities. I tried taking computer science in high school and struggled to grasp the concepts, but looking back now, I’m not sure I gave it an honest shot.  This is where my mind goes immediately when thinking about coding, but I feel that there is a much larger world of coding out there and…

Read More Read More

Assitive Tech – Week 10

Assitive Tech – Week 10

My Experiences with Assistive Tech When thinking about assistive technologies, my mind often goes immediately to electronic technologies that help students learn.  But, like in the early stages of this class, when we were asked to define technology which helped me change my personal definition from one that is electronic based, to one that is any piece of new technology that enables the user to complete a task easier.  This new understanding and definition of technology is crucial when it…

Read More Read More

Quizizz – Week 9

Quizizz – Week 9

First off, I am going to start with a disclaimer…. I am currently on Paternity Leave so I will have to wait until January 5 to be able to use this new assessment technology with my class.   With that said, I am going to do a review of Quizziz as a possible assessment tool to incorporate when I am back in the classroom.  I choose this tool because of its similarities to Kahoot in the sense that students would be…

Read More Read More

The Social Dilemma – Week 8

The Social Dilemma – Week 8

It has been sometime since I had originally watched The Social Dilemma on Netflix!  Before I set out to watch it again, I tried to remember any sort of specifics regarding the show.  I couldn’t remember many specifics, but I do recall how I felt after watching it…. OVERWHELMED, DEFEATED and GUILTY.  I felt overwhelmed with finally understanding how these social media apps work.  I felt defeated and guilty as I am a frequent user of these apps and find…

Read More Read More

Halfway Point – Week 7

Halfway Point – Week 7

WHOOP WHOOP – we made it to the halfway point of our semester!       This also means that the end of the tunnel for my Masters of Ed – Curriculum and Instruction journey only has 1.5 classes left – crazy to think about!  Over the first half of the course, we have been exposed toa ton of information (some of it new and some of it old) surrounding Educational Technology.  It is always great learning from and alongside…

Read More Read More

Productive or Distracted – Week 6

Productive or Distracted – Week 6

When thinking about the internet, I often think I like what it has to offer, but the one thing that always gets me is how easily distracted or off task I tend to get! This results in longer than expected timeframe to complete tasks (if they get completed at all).  A lot of the time I just have a multitude of tasks started, but unfinished tasks litter  my Google Chrome browser.  With that said, I have often thought to myself…

Read More Read More

Sesame Street – Week 5

Sesame Street – Week 5

We now know that “Sesame Street” encourages children to love school only if school is like “Sesame Street.” Which is to say, we now know that “Sesame Street” undermines what the traditional idea of schooling represents.” To begin with, I tried to remember a time when I was young and could actually recall watching Sesame Street…. I could not.  So I had to enlist the help of my parents and low and behold I was a frequent Sesame Street watcher. …

Read More Read More

Learning Theories – Week 4

Learning Theories – Week 4

To begin with, I think it is important to define what learning entails and how learning occurs to properly  do a deep dive into my own teaching philosophy, classroom practice and changes or shifts in my 8.5 years of teaching.  Ertmer and Newby define learning in their article Behaviorism, Cognitivism, Constructivism: Comparing Critical Features From an Instructional Design Perspective  as “an enduring change in behavior, or in the capacity to behave in a given fashion, which results from practice or…

Read More Read More