Summary of Learning

This ECI 831 session was unbelievable, the learning that took place over this short one and a half months was incredible. I was able to learn a lot first about myself and social media, how I evolved my own sense of ownership, comfortability in usage, and the obvious learning through social media

platforms; check out my major learning project if you haven’t yet; I sing, I dance,

I make cake, how could you not love it?!?! I generally focused on using the TikTok social media platform to showcase my learning and OOOOOOH MY WORD do I need to give content creators all the credit in the world, it truly took me longer to make the TikTok videos then it did to actually bake/decorate the cakes. One day I spent over 2 hours just working with the editing tools, getting things to splice and slice and find music UH. I was exhausted so kudos and all my respect to anymore who makes a living based off of social media videos; they look easy but man do they take work. I am really happy to say today I tried something new and I took my summary of learning TikTok video and uploaded it to YouTube so I did not have to make it public for everyone to see on TikTok; to be honest I really do not love that I have no control over who sees my TikTok videos; I wish there could have been a way that I could share it to people and they could view it only if they had the link or something along those lines. I was quite proud of myself for dipping my toes into uploading a video onto Youtube. I am sure Youtube has much more to offer then what I did but I am very happy with it. Secondly, the weekly blogs from the class really gave me some things to think about and I have learned a lot about myself through blogging and I felt I could showcase “me” a little more in my work rather than needing to be who I think my professor wants to be and and write how I think they want me to write; this was freeing and liberating with an academic purpose and I very much liked it.

Besides talking about “me” because that it always selfish, I would like to say that learning

about how social media, open education, AI & all other technology topics discussed can play a role in a classroom was pretty profound learning for me.

I have loved learning from all of you!  When you click on the picture below it will take you to a google slide document please hit present and the magic will just happen.

Much love,

~Christine

One thought on “Summary of Learning

1. Great work! I agree, it would be nice if there was a TikTok for kids. There is a YouTube for kids, although its not as great as the usual one, it is something you could explore (if you are not already aware of it). https://www.youtubekids.com/

On a side note, how did you do the little animation on your slide?