Classroom Diagram

Here you will find my classroom diagram. My space allows for multiple spaces for students to work, small group instruction, visual schedules, visual labels throughout the room, student novels and picture books of all different levels and interests, space for teacher or EA support, movement areas, differential seating (most students have chairs, other will have adapted seating such as a large ball or elastic bands around the chairs- these adaptations are all based on needs), the white board has been particularly useful this year when needing to write down explicit instructions, and a moveable tv that connects to the teacher iPad where many of my lessons occur. On the walls you will find the alphabet in upper and lower case, anchor charts to support reading and writing strategies we learn in grade 4, secret stories posters, a clock, and a cross. On the students desks there are differentiated name plates that suitable for the different learners in my room that match their personal academic needs along with login information for their online accounts. At the back of the room I have two hand sanitizer bottles that are used when students need to use the washroom (no need to ask, after training they use it during “good times” and can leave whenever needed; I particularly like my non gender specific inclusive picture that I have wrapped around the sanitizers.