Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey, Goodbye

“Goodbye my friendGIF by Leroy PattersonI know you’re gone, you said you’re goneBut I can still feel you hereIt’s not the endGotta keep it strong”

~Spice Girls

Conclusion

I may now have 1000 more questions about understanding trauma, its effects on children, and how I can become an effective trauma sensitive teacher; what continues to remain ever so true when combining my knowledge of behavior and my new knowledge of best practices regarding trauma is that all behavior is communication and I just need to learn the language.

I have learned so much in this class that continues to help evolve my teaching pedagogy to become a more informed proactive teacher. I am happy to say that my pendulum has moved some with how I deal with behaviours when I know trauma is the driving force. I still struggle definitely and have internal battles with myself on how to proceed but I learned to approach things slightly differently. I am like a timid rabbit entering into an open field still unsure if what I am doing is the right way, I don’t want to cause more harm than good, or encourage a behavior by reinforcing it but hey a happy, healthy child is always the goal!

Cheers!

parkour goodbye GIF by Red BullChristine

(A Trauma Sensitive Teacher)