Trying to Effect my Sound

Cody here, this will be a short piece as i have an accompanying video that demos how the app sounds on my guitar. I tried an app that adds effects like distortion to your playing. The app is called Tonebridge Guitar Effects. It was a bit tricky to get my guitar plugged into it, I used a input reducer from 1/4″ to 1/8″ and then plugged that into a Bluetooth transmitter and ran that through my phone. This resulted in latency between when I would strum and when i would hear a sound. So basically I just tried to ignore the sound and focused on the strings and chords i was hitting. It sounded pretty good when oi amplified the sound through this little amplifier i have. However, my real effect peddle is way more user friendly with no latency or lag. If you didn’t have a pedal (my homie gave me his old one) then this is a reasonable alternative, especially if you want like a grunge or metal sound.

This entry was posted in EDTC 300, Learning Project. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Trying to Effect my Sound

1. Inemesit says:

Hey Cody!
    It’s so nice listening to you plucking the strings and chords of your guitar. I love how clear your sound is and those strums are amazing. Great job! Cody.

Inemesit