About Me

I am a partner to my beautiful wife, Katelyn and father to my daughter Reesen and son Riley. As a mature student I rely on my life experience to move through my classes and to get to my goal of obtaining a B.Ed. I have had many jobs and worked in many fields over the years. The common denominator has been that I am great at training and that I am a natural with kids. I’ve had a constant belief to always be learning and to always have art in my life.

I was a professional circus artist specializing in contact juggling, hula hooping, toss juggling and poi. I’ve also done origami, hip hop writing, break dancing, yoga, and balloon animals. I’ve never been afraid to take on a new challenge. I learned and mastered welding, then I got into sales, then I started a hula-hoop manufacturing and fitness company with my partner. Finally, I found my calling in education working as an EA and now as a Teaching Assistant at Montessori School of Regina.

One of my coolest experiences was when my partner created a fitness program around hula hooping, that included teacher training. We loaded up our 3 year old daughter and our cat into our class C 1979 motor-home and toured from Victoria to Toronto over the course of a year, teaching 100’s of kids and adults to hula hoop.

This was taken in Vancouver, I'm strapping the hoops to the roof

This was taken in Vancouver on our tour, I am strapping hoops to the roof.