How I Made My Contribution to My EDTC Homies

One of my overall contributions was in the Zoom class itself. For example, there were many times when I was placed in breakout rooms with nobody saying anything, video off, etc. I always broke the ice and got the conversation started. If I noticed someone wasn’t contributing I would try to pull them into the conversation. Furthermore, during class, I would do a 10 count Whenever Katia would ask a question I would break the ice and get the conversation started. I realize that it can feel awkward to speak in these online classes, however, I am comfortable with it because the first half of my degree was during covid and all online.

The following screenshots are of me helping classmates on Discord in this class and others as well:

As illustrated above I try to help my fellow students when ever I feel like I can. I did a lot more, however despite Katia’s warning, I did not screen shot all of them. I do feel like this encapsulates how I helped in Discord. If I had more time I would have loved to be a U of R ambassador, wait, is that a thing, give me a second to Google it. Okay, great, I did not make that up in my head the U of R ambassador program is a thing. If you have the time and energy, you should check it out.

Here is an example of my best and most genuine interaction on my blog. As a survivor of childhood trauma, I consider myself both an advocate and an ally, so I always honor those who comfortable to share with me.

Well, that sums up my contributions. I really do not think there are many people in the worked that would describe me as unhelpful. A big thank you to everyone who took the time to read my blogs, much love, much respect. Here is a quote by me that I put on Facebook one day, I removed my name because I don’t want my fake name to be public, however if you want to be my Facebook friend let me know and I will add you.

This entry was posted in EDTC 300. Bookmark the permalink.