Emily online, or: ten years of blogging?

Hello MTV* and welcome to my crib**!

*EDTC 300 classmates

**my education blog

Now that I’ve dated myself, I’ll cut to the chase: I’m Emily, I’m in my final term of an after degree in arts education, and I made my first blog just over a decade ago. The year was 2013: a new pope had just been elected , the largest tornado ever recorded hit El Reno, Oklahoma, Frozen was released and “Let it Go” quickly became the bane of every parent’s existence, and a grade 12 student named Emily Klatt decided it would be cool to start a blog. That blog, Emily Untitled, is still online and I’ll link it here for your amusement. That blog didn’t last long, but it did kickstart a lifetime of being Chronically Online, and now, ten years later, I’m creating another blog, but this time as an adult who has filed taxes and is allowed to teach children.

I took my first online course when I was in grade 10. Growing up in a small community, there were few options available for in-person high school courses – if you wanted to take anything beyond the basics, you needed to take a class online. I ended up doing a few online classes in grade 10, 11, and 12. Since then, I ended up completing almost two years of university online due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I’ve also facilitated youth programming online as an instructor. In my non-teaching life, I worked as a journalist and communications professional – both jobs that involve utilizing a lot of online technology and social media. All of this is to say – EDTC300 is not my first blogging rodeo.

A writer at heart, I’m excited to get back into blogging and learn from all of you how I can utilize technology in my classroom!

A Vintage Typewriter

One thought on “Emily online, or: ten years of blogging?

1. Jaida Smith

Hey Emily!

I love how you started your blog it is super interesting and catches the eye! I can’t wait to see more blog posts from you and I will be checking in weekly to see your posts. I can tell that you are a writer because your writing is very engaging.

Reply