Grace Smyth

Home

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is E3C028F4-7D3C-4018-B3F8-BC0CD98C38DC-1-1024x933.jpeg
Pre-Internship Placement: Regina Public School Division

Hi there! I’m Grace Smyth, a University of Regina elementary education student. This semester I was placed in a grade 2 classroom in the Regina Public School Division for my pre-internship experience. Through this experience I was able to expand my teaching philosophy, explore assessment and evaluation strategies, and learn from some amazing educators working in the field.

A variety of informal teaching opportunities were influential in my decision to apply to the Faculty of Education. I have spent time in many countries in Asia working with organizations focusing on rehabilitating victims of human trafficking. Through this opportunity, I was able to teach English as an additional language to many women and girls healing from trauma. I also spent four months in San Pablo, Philippines as a teacher assistant in a kindergarten classroom, in addition to editing exams for the school’s administration. These experiences have greatly influenced my decision to enter education and continue to drive me as a future educator.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_2823-1024x614.jpg
Frontline Academy: San Pablo, Philippines