Beginning a new book!

In my last post, I spoke about finishing my first novel, and now I am on the hunt for a new book. At the school library I checked out the book “Brooms” by Jasmine Walls. This is a graphic novel set in 1930s Mississippi, where people possess magical powers that are regulated by the government and only certain people in certain circumstances can use it. This book follows a group of people who illegally race brooms.

The cover of the graphic novel “Brooms” by Jasmine Wells

Something that helps me concentrate on basically anything is listening to music while I read, I am wanting for my next novel to listen to the audiobook version while I read. I currently have Libby, and online library but am often detoured by the long wait times, and am wondering if anybody has any recommendations for access to audiobooks, and what works best for them.

I hope you all are having a wonderful week!

4 thoughts on “Beginning a new book!

1. Cheyenne,

Woohoo! I think finishing a book is the best feeling ever. “Brooms” sounds like an intriguing read, blending magic and 1930s Mississippi in a graphic novel format. As for audiobooks… I too have fallen victim to the Libby waitlists, haha. NOW… I have not tried this app personally, however, I know there is also Hoopla. It is also through the public library, so maybe the wait times will be a tad shorter! If you give it a try, let me know what you think! Wishing you happy reading and listening! 📚🎧

Emma

1. Hi Emma!
      Thanks for the advice! I checked out Hoopla and it looks promising! Libby is tricky because some books there is 0 waitlist and some have months long waitlist, then when you get it you only have a couple weeks to use it. I am debating getting Audible but I’m scared it will be another streaming device I rarely use.
      Best of luck!
      Cheyenne

2. Hi Cheyenne!
    This book looks so interesting, thank you so much for sharing! I am always looking for new books so I am very excited to check this one out. A book I think you might find interesting is called “The Rule of One” by Ashley and Leslie Saunders. I never thought of trying audiobooks but I like to walk for an hour every night and now the thought of listening to an audiobook on those walks sounds really great! I think amazon has a lot of great options for audiobooks!
    Chayse.

1. Hi Chayse,
      Thank you for the book recommendation! This is the first comment I received with one and I love getting them. I will for sure check this book out!
      Best of luck,
      Cheyenne