Week 1

The place that I chose to photograph has a lot of meaning to me. I have spent many long hours and days in this place for the past 8 years. I love to call this place a second home to me because I spend the majority of my time there. This place has caught my attention because I have been able to grow as a person, athlete, and coach that I am today but it has also allowed me to meet so many amazing children and their families, and to create memories that I will have forever. I am very fortunate to have found this place as the atmosphere inside bringing me so much excitement and happiness.

These three photographs were taken around 5 pm on an evening that I coach. I was in the midst of starting my practice just shortly after taking these photos. This place is located in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan and is called the Kinsmen Cobra Cheerleading Club. I chose the angles for these photos because I wanted to show off what I think is the most important part of the building, and that is the big blue mat and the wall full of banners. I think those are the most important because on that mat is where all the athletes get to learn and practice the sport that I am truly passionate about.