Fun! – Playing the Notes

Last week, I  learned how to play the Happy Birthday song using Guitar chords. So this week I decided to challenge myself to play the same song with Guitar notes. This entails lots of finger movements and coordination.

I explored a new online resource (bing.com) for my new learning.

Since I’ve been making videos of myself playing the Guitar, I thought of going a bit different this time using the snipping tool app to screenshot the notes I’m to play from the Bing video with a voice-over of me attempting to sing while playing. I used the Wevideo app to record my video and explored the transitioning, audio, and text features of the app in making my video. I downloaded backgrounds from Pinterest to add more details to my video.

I had to go slow as this was my first time playing the Guitar notes and I had fun attempting something different. Please wish me luck as I keep plucking my strings on this journey.

This entry was posted in EDTC300, Learning Project. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Fun! – Playing the Notes

1. Hi Inemesit!
    You are making great progress! I am what I like to call musically insufficient. I really have no musical skills. I love listening to music! But that is about it. I am very impressed with you choosing such a difficult skill to learn and how far you have come!
    Keep up the great work!
    Cheyenne

• Inemesit Ekaette says:

Hi Cheyenne!
      I appreciate your comment on my post. At some point, I thought learning the guitar would be an impossible task for me. Though it’s not so easy, I still can push further. I guess my motivation is my love for music as well.
      Thanks, Cheyenne.

2. Kylee Hulm says:

Hi Inemesit,

Great job on the guitar notes! I appreciate you linking the difference between chords and notes so I could view the differences. Keep up the great work!

3. Chayse Herriges says:

Hi Inemesit!
    I am so impressed with your progress! It’s been really awesome seeing you develop this new skill. I really enjoyed the way you edited your video! Having the notes on screen alongside you playing them is a really great way for viewers to follow along and try it themselves. Sounds like the app you used has a lot of great features, I’ll have to check it out. Great work and good luck!
    Chayse.