I did it – Y E A H!

Last week was no fun with strumming to the “Happy Birthday” song. It wasn’t as easy as I thought it would but guess what? I persevered and I conquered – Yeah!

Last week, I learned a new strumming pattern to strum the “Happy Birthday” song from the Good Guitarist page, and I challenged myself to get those patterns right this week. I wouldn’t say it was an easy target to set for one week but it is sure worth it.

So, I followed my newly discovered 1 (down), 2 (down, up), and 3 (down, up) patterns of strumming to the “Happy Birthday” song using three chords (G, C, and D) to strum and…….

I DID IT!

This entry was posted in EDTC300, Learning Project. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to I did it – Y E A H!

1. Maddie says:

Hello Inemesit,
    Great job on conquering the Happy Birthday song! You did amazing! Keep up the great work!
    I look forward to your next update!
    Madison M

2. Cody Selanders says:

Hey Inemesit,
    You are progressing nicely, that sounded great. I struggle with chord progressions, especially g-chord to anything. You have such a nice singing voice, its great to have that as you learn guitar. Yes, there are songs that seem so simple, but are difficult and on the other hand difficult sounding songs that are actually pretty easy to play!

-Cody

3. Uzma says:

Hi Inemesit,
    You have done an amazing job for practising your ‘Happy Birthday Song’. I like it how you sang, with full of enery.
    Good Job!
    Good luck for your learning journey.
    Uzma

4. Amanda Amy says:

Hey Inemesit,
    I know this response is late. But as someone who plays guitar (somewhat) I know how challenging singing and strumming together can be! I am going to go through your learning journey after this to see what else you have come up with.
    A bit of unsolicited guitar info that you might already know but took me far too long to learn (bc I was taking lessons with real people I should have known this earlier in my guitar journey than I did), your arm should always be doing the “down, up” strokes even when you’re not hitting the strings. Think of your arm like a pendulum and then you hit the up or down strokes as you need!
    But!! Having offered that advice, you must know that you sound amazing!!

I hope you loved this journey and will continue doing it because your voice alongside the guitar sounds truly awesome!