My first Blog post! All about me!

Hello classmates,

I am Jesa Colliness, I have always had a love for children and helping them learn. I have also always loved playing hockey and riding horses. I have continued to play hockey and ride horses. I play on a rec hockey team here in Regina called the No Regretzkies. The team has become like a family to me, I spend a lot of time with them in the rink. I am also Miss Rodeo Estevan. I had the opportunity to compete against two amazing girls. Being Miss Rodeo Estevan means a lot to me, I have always tried to be a part of my community and inspire girls chase their dreams. Winning rodeo queen is much more than just winning a crown, it is being a person in the community who upholds the utmost respect for myself and being a happy face people can be have friendly conversations with.

Me and my hockey team

Me winning my belt buckle

I have used my blog for a couple of semesters now. At first I was having a hard time navigating the website and all of the helpful functions, but as the semesters pushed on I started to get the hang of it. I don’t think I would say I am a pro by any means, but I know enough that I offered to help a friend in the class start up her blog. In the begin of my blog journey I was not the biggest fan. Then idea sharing my words with my class gave me a bit of anxiety, but I found that all of my classmates were kind and helpful. Now I feel no anxiety posting my words for all to see. I welcomed the idea of it this time, I knowing that I had the tools to post with confidence.

3 thoughts on “My first Blog post! All about me!

1. Hi Jesa! I enjoyed reading your blog and getting to know more about you. As someone who adores horses, but does not ride anymore… I think your achievement as “Miss Rodeo Estevan” is super cool! I also appreciated the link you provided, as it is easier to get to know more about a topic/person when links are accessible. I hope you have a good semester, I am excited to see what more you have to post.

2. Hey Jesa,
    Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself! I think it’s great that we have these blogs to get to know each other, especially with this class being online. You have some impressive hobbies that require a lot of hard work. I love riding horses as well, but I don’t get to do it very often. My favourite memory of horseback riding was when I went to Mexico, and our trail went onto the beach.

I may need to get some assistance with the Edusites blogs. I tried using it last semester to make my ePortfolio but ended up giving up and switching to Google Sites.

Looking forward to reading your blogs this semester!

• Hello Ashley,
      It was so nice to hear from you and hear that you to ride horses. Riding horses is just such a wonderful experience and love meeting new people who share my love.

I would love to give you a hand with the Edusites blog. I had to get my roommate to show me the ropes last year.
      Have a great rest of your day!