Post #3 I Finally Learned How to Fishtail Braid!

I’ve always wanted to learn how to fishtail braid. I have always admired girls with long beautiful fishtail braids. I thought it would be so different and I would never be able to get it. So I went to my good friend YouTube to show me how it’s done. I found the perfect video and caught on to the braid in about five minutes. I started by just using a smaller chunk of hair from the front of my head so I could really see what I was doing. After I had gotten a good idea of what I was doing with the smaller chunk and gave all of my hair a try. I didn’t have it down well enough to start at the back of my hair, so I did more of a side braid. I did have some trouble doing all of my hair but I pushed through and it turned out good enough that I could wear it all day. The next day I re-watched the perfect video and got to work practicing my fish tail. On the second day, I got really adventurous and tried to start it from the back of my head like I would do with a regular braid. I got it done and it was a little bumpy but I thought it was pretty good for my second try. On my last try of the week I did the same as the second day and just tried to get the hang of it. I wouldn’t say I mastered it over the week but I definitely know what I am doing and will be doing a fishtail braid a lot more. 

My first real attempt

My second attempt

My last attempt

Now let’s get into learning from YouTube. I do find it a little overwhelming to scroll through and pick what video is going to work best for me. To help this feeling I just decided I would give the first five videos a watch until I found the one that worked best for me. I think this helped me catch on to the actual braiding part because I had watched so many different ways. I did come across the perfect video that really broke down and showed me every step I needed to do the braid as best as I could. Overall I found that I enjoyed learning from YouTube, it had a lot of videos to choose from and the videos went into really good detail.