Becoming a Teacher…

When looking at what it takes to be professional, I would say that means to be honest, responsible, adaptable, equitable, and ethical to the values and principles that STF has given. This being said being professional is extremely important for an educator because parents are leaving their kids with what is known as a stranger to them. So in this case we are putting ourselves in a position where it is our duty to be professional in the classroom while the children are now our responsibility for the six hours of the day. As an educator I can be looked at as an educator at all times by a large group of people, therefore, being professional can be through how the media sees you. Since most of your students, parents, co-workers, board members, etc, all would have access to view your media at all times. Though I would not be an educator at all times, the core values and ethics are given through STF. 

After reading the Direction 2025 document the main focus of it is to reflect, adapt, and change to fulfill the needs to be able to create a more equitable environment system for everyone. Even including the community, as they always are involved in the schools and take part in the growth of students. Honestly, quite a bit surprised me during the readings. I had not heard of STF till doing our readings. Therefore, learning that this organization had a plan they wanted to meet by 2025 threw me off a bit. It had felt as if that was so far away, however, it’s truly right around the corner. Due to covid making the last three years a blur. Not only did their goal surprise me, but as well their learning and knowing who truly ran it was almost a surprise to me because for some reason I always had a belief that everything was just run by Sask Education or board members for specific school divisions. In the end, I hope that what a read in our readings is what is to be strived for by then. That the goals they have set, and the focus they have strived for are being publicly brought into action for everyone to make the education system a place for students to grow more.