About Me

May 7, 2021 1 By Julie F.

Hello everyone! My name is Julie and I am currently in my last year of education. I am beyond excited to be starting my internship in the fall and graduating in December (YAY).

Image
This is me ?

I am really looking forward to EDTC 300. It is my hopes to use this time to gain a new skill through the learning project as well as new knowledge and tips when it comes to technology in/for the classroom.

Technology can be a great tool for the classroom, especially during a global pandemic. During my pre-internship I was able to learn the benefits of educational technology first hand. I personally have only made two interactive lessons during my pre-service teaching career. I believe technology is an asset when it comes to creating differentiated lessons for all learners. Some of the educational technology I have used are powerpoint, YouTube, online jeopardy, kahoot, seesaw, and google slides. I’m having brain freeze right now but am sure I have used more.

We as a society rely heavily on technology as well as social media. I personally am not great when it comes to social media, I tend to ignore or avoid it all together. Although I do avoid it I am guilty of having many social media platform accounts. My most recent being Twitter. If you’re interested follow me @MsFindura.

Blog Machine
"Blog Machine" by digitalrob70 is licensed under CC BY 2.0
“Blog Machine” by digitalrob70 is licensed under CC BY 2.0

I am still very new and apprehensive when it comes to blogging. The above picture depicts just how complicated blogging and blogging platforms appear to me. I think blogging is fantastic, I use Pinterest often and adore people who take the time to educate others through their knowledge, interests and tips. I have had some experience creating education portfolios but they are always very formal and structured. I have never blogged basic daily life and interests before but I am interested and nervous to learn. I am always open to new experiences and opportunities and who knows, maybe by the end of this course I will be a master blogger. ?