Tweetdeck – What a Rollercoaster!

May 14, 2021 0 By Julie F.

On May 13, 2021, I was introduced too tweetdeck. This day altered my understanding of social media and technology completely.

I was sitting in class, taking in all the information about what a tweetdeck was, I had a Home column, Notifications column and then Katia showed us how to add the #edtc300 column as well as the #SaskEdChat column. By adding all these columns it was going to make it easier for us as individuals to follow along with our first #SaskEdChat.

The time was 7:59pm, my mind was like okay, this is making sense, I think I am understanding what is happening here. Let’s get started.

8:00pm – Welcome to the #SaskEdChat … Introduce yourself …

Now I am not certain of the time exactly but let’s say around 8:10 the first question was proposed. I was able to read the first question and then construct my response. I was a little slow but seemed to be okay, then the second question was proposed, I missed this one but thankfully Katia was able to read it aloud for the class. After hearing the question I proceeded to answer it, I typed out my answer and hit tweet.

Then the 3rd question was posted and everything went wrong from there… I was completely lost …

Figure It Out What GIF by CBChttps://giphy.com/gifs/cbc-comedy-what-3o7btPCcdNniyf0ArS
https://giphy.com/gifs/cbc-comedy-what-3o7btPCcdNniyf0ArS

I had no idea where the question was and I missed Katia reading it out loud. To make things more of a mess I completely forgot to add the #SaskEdChat to my first 2 answers, so I had to go back, delete them and repost them with the hashtag. After doing this I was behind for the fourth question BUT I scrolled like a crazy person, pleading to the twitter gods that I would find it on one of the columns. Luckily I was able to find it on the #SaskEdChat tweetdeck column and retweet it with my own response (Retweeting and responding all in one was a big win for me)!!!!

Now this blog post may come off as though this was a super overwhelming confusing process, and I mean i’m not gonna lie it kind of was but at the same time is was so informative and rewarding. I was able to connect with not only the future educators in my class but the many educators around Saskatchewan on such an important topic. I was able to learn a whole new way to utilize twitter in a more beneficial platform.

I am no where near an expert when it comes to twitter or tweetdeck but I am learning and I look forward to expanding my EdTech knowledge through the semester!