Whats Everyone Tweeting About?

May 18, 2021 2 By Julie F.

Twitter, a place for meaningless banter or insightful comments?

I for one think it could be for both. Back in 2012 I was the person who would post almost everything I was doing in the day. I would partake in meaningless banter and share friends posts that really did not have any meaning. I think this type of posting can be useful for friends to connect or just share something they found funny for the day. As time went on I no longer found interest in sharing my day to day with the internet, just as fast as I had a twitter profile I deleted it.

Flash forward to today, creating a new profile for EDTC 300 I was able to understand the importance of having an internet profile.

Twitter is a platform that allows you as a teacher or just as a person in general to share important information with others alike. It is a platform that can be used by teachers to help connect with the community, find support from other teachers and share classroom content with families.

I myself being so new to twitter, I am not exactly sure how twitter would look like in the classroom, I feel as though taking pictures of daily activities and lessons and sharing them for families to see would be very beneficial not only to showcase the students work in the classroom but allow for the connections of parents being able to view this content whenever they wanted and sharing it with their friends and family.

social media love GIFhttps://media.giphy.com/media/6h8jgwC3dU6vS/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/6h8jgwC3dU6vS/giphy.gif

The SaskEd Chat was very interesting, it was definitely a new form of professional development. Honestly I was unaware that professional development could be done through a social media platform such as twitter. I am happy that I was able to take part in the SaskEd Chat to open my eyes to the different ways we as teachers can partake in professional development.

I continue to look forward to expanding this new knowledge of twitter and professional development as well as connecting with other educators!