EDTC 300,  Learning Project

Documenting ASL Journey Using Technology

Hello! This week I explored YouTube to learn some more ASL while also exploring Zoom as a recording platform. In the end I also got to try my hand at uploading something to YouTube on my own as opposed to an editing app doing it for me. I originally planned to test a Chrome extension for screen recording, however I became hesitant to add it because I use my laptop for important emails and things like banking. It felt uncomfortable to add an extension that is meant to record your screen when I though about the fact that I would never really know if the recording has stopped when I push the exit button. Please enjoy this video and feel free to fast forward if it is a little too long!

• Kelsey Haas

Hey Karley!
    I was also interested in checking out the chrome extension for screen recording, but I ended up going with Canva video. Having that extension also makes me a tad nervous as I don’t trust technology very much and I believe it is better to be on the safe side!

• Emma Metz

Karley,

I absolutely love how you brought cyber security into consideration when you were trying to find a new tool to use. I find that I tend to be a *little* too trusting when it comes to trying out new apps, extensions, or programs, so your post is a good reminder for me to always consider safety as my #1! Also, as per usual, you are making amazing progress along your ASL journey.

Keep up the good work,
    Emma

• Megan Howatt

Karley,

Great video! You are doing great with your journey to learn some ASL. This is something you can use in the classroom all of the time and encourage your students to learn some as well. I look forward to following your page for more ASL posts.