A Quick Hello: Kylee’s EDTC 300 Blog

January 22, 2024 1 By Kylee Hulm

Hello, my name is Kylee, and I am enrolled in the Middle Years Education program. My university career started in Nursing which I enjoyed, but I still felt so drawn to teaching. Growing up babysitting my two brothers, kids of our family friends, and others in my community, I realized I just had a way of working with kids.  This is how I ended up in the Faculty of Education because I have always been interested in being a teacher and working with kids. Outside of school, I enjoy spending time with my friends, family, and dogs. I consider myself a proud dog mom to my three-year-old dog, Chloe. She is a Corgi Shepherd X we adopted from Bright Eyes Dog Rescue (BEDR) in March 2021. Since she’s been old enough to start training, Chloe and I have completed 4 training classes together, and she has attended 2 training programs at her daycare. Dog training quickly became a hobby of mine, and so Chloe and I regularly practice the skills she’s already learned, and I’m always looking for other courses to register us for. I currently work as a Casual Special Education Assistant and a Supervisor at an indoor playground for kids. Both jobs remain part-time while in school so I can have a healthy balance in my life without being overwhelmed. 

My experience with educational technology is mediocre. I have been on the receiving end of educational technology by being in lots of online courses. However, I have done some assignments in which I found technology useful, such as making my online education portfolio and doing weekly blog/reflection posts in some courses. I would still say I have a small amount of knowledge and experience in actual blogging though. I’m also not one to read blogs often, if I’m being honest. I’ve never really considered blogging either, as I feel I don’t have anything to blog about. That being said, I think blogging this semester will be fun and allow me to share my thoughts and discuss them with others in the class. 

Picture of dog Chloe

Chloe