Crochet Inspiration: Finding Patterns to Start the Next Project

February 20, 2024 0 By Kylee Hulm

Hello, fellow crochet enthusiasts! It is the week of February break, so I decided since I’m taking this week to try and relax, I would look for some tutorials on projects to make. As you can tell if you’ve been following along, I haven’t started many projects, and that is because I’ve actually been struggling to find a project to start as many people who have been crocheting for a while recommend not to start big projects as a new beginner because some people tend to get overwhelmed and quit. So, all I’ve done so far is the headband I started around week 2 of my learning project and then practice granny squares. For anyone who currently crochets or is learning to crochet, you will understand me when I say there are TONS of patterns for granny squares. There are basic granny squares, and then there are granny squares with flowers and many other patterns. The Flower Granny Square tutorial I posted is something I would love to create one day because it’s cute, and it’s by a creator, Elyse Myers, who I enjoy watching and have been following for a few years. She also recently got into crochet. Another reason I haven’t started too many projects is because there’s a lot about crochet that I didn’t know about. For example, there are different crochet hooks and tons of stitches. I’ve been doing some research on that, so I know what kinds of stitches I like right now to see if I can find projects with them. I linked the websites I used to do my research and found were helpful and had good layouts. So, back to my original thought at the beginning of this post, I wanted to find some tutorials on TikTok or YouTube for some inspiration for my next project. I figured this would be a way to still progress through my learning project while also letting myself take a breather this week and relax. So below, I’ll link some tutorials I found that I liked and might use for my next project!

A Crochet Heart– this seems easy and something I could make a few of to give to others. 

Baby Blanket–  I could make this for my niece or make the chains longer and make this a throw blanket. There is something nice about blanket tutorials.

Fluffy Beginner Friendly Blanket– This one seems easy and similar to the above blanket.

Another Beginner-Friendly Blanket–  This would be easy to follow

and allow me to practice doing the Half Double Crochet stitch. I linked the creators’ stitch tutorial. I’m not a huge fan of her voice effect, but the video is helpful.

Now, to hint at my next project, I will leave this picture here for now. If you have any guesses on what I might be making with the yarn in the picture, comment down below, and I will reveal it next week.

Stay tuned, and I’ll catch you in the next row!

Three Balls of Yarn in a row