It’s 11:32 AM and the bell starts ringing. My Math teacher wraps up her lesson on Arithmetic and Geometric Sequences. The closing of our textbooks creates a firm sound echoing around the classroom. We all group and head to the gymnasium. It is Talent Show Day. 

Quantities of chatter fill the atmosphere as each and every conversation overlaps from one to another. Shades of black decorate the gym with colourful, flickering lights blinding my sensitive eyes. I sit patiently as my feet tap to the beat of the music.

Each performer receives a special opening and crowds cheer and chant their names. Singing, magic tricks, and silly meme scenes carry off the gym leaving no silence. 

But this one performance has claimed its spot in my memories as it marks as one of my highlights in my highschool experience. Pow Wow dancing has amazed not only me, but the rest of the people in the gymnasium. The way the stick strikes the drums creating consistent beats. How the dancers let their souls soar and connect with their ancestors. Everyone is at the edge of their seats. Each color blends in the room and the feathers move carelessly from the attire. The fabrics move and create swishing sounds adding flavour to the beat of the music. 

We all cheer, whistle, and stand after being showered of their talent and culture. We all head to the cafeteria where we are greeted with their known Bannock with jam. 

This memory reminds me of how much the First Nations contributed to our world today. The many sacrifices they have made and their beliefs and teachings in which we use, have formed our world. What it means to be Canadian is knowing we are all equal in not just black and white, but in all colors. We take pride in being rich in culture and seeing the treasures in what the various cultures bring. All us Canadians form a nation of color with each flaunting its traditions, customs, and beliefs leaving no shade left behind.