Learning Project: There has to be a Better Way to Eat!

For the first blog in my learning project I will be giving everyone a baseline and where I currently stand when it comes to cooking. Starting with a setup and progressing throughout the term, I will highlight and display my learning of cooking.

Things have been busy in our house for the last 4 months, crazy busy as they say. As a result my family is on my case and addressing the case about eating well and healthy. I need to find a better way to eat. When I was younger and throughout my youth my family would attend dinner together at the table about 5 times a week for a meal. Guests would come for supper every couple months. Meal times were relaxing and very nutritious, as well they served as the opportunity for each of the members of my family to explain different parts of their days and discuss possible situations and events that might shape the future. This served as an inspiration for me as when I was in my early teens I planned to become a chef. I took a couple of cooking courses when in High School so that I would know my way around my kitchen when I moved out or spent more time on my own. I must confess that I have not used the skills I acquired that much, and as such I have resulted in eating a more easier diet. The first photo that highlights this can be found on my Twitter page.

Things this last year have changed. I have had family members become sick and have to move to a retirement home and this means that my parents are packing and moving different items and helping with medical appointments. Because my mom has two jobs she does not have much time in the house and with me taking different courses through the University of Regina and working part time, I find that I am often out of time when it comes to making meals. To further accent concerns, the presence of COVD restrictions has placed family gatherings on hold, meaning most meals are not very healthy and not with others.

My blog will be about my journey to solve the problem of healthy fast meals. The internet has a lot of information on how to cook, recipes that can be prepared quickly, and how to get organized. There is so much information you could spend hours looking at this topic. I will start with family favorite recipes that can be premade and then frozen into convenient portions for a quick meal. I know that there are others out there that have the same concern so perhaps we can learn how to solve this problem together. The next step of this plan can be seen on my Twitter page.

4 thoughts on “Learning Project: There has to be a Better Way to Eat!

1. Hello Andrew!
    I am looking forward to your journey as much as you are since I could definitely use some easy quick meals. I have been on a diet lately and it would definitely be helpful if I could cook more things. Hopefully, this journey gives me the motivation to learn.
    Good Luck!

2. Hello Andrew!
    Very delicious project! I love cooking to be honest and if you need any help I can share some recipes from my country with you! I understand you Andrew, I am living alone and I completely understand how much it is important to have family gathering!
    Best of luck
    Tina

3. Hey Andrew!
    What a great idea for your learning project! I am not a great cook, but I do love to bake and I have been on the hunt for healthy baking recipes as well. It is so important to eat healthy and fuel your body with energy! I have had luck looking on Pinterest, although not EVERY recipe turns out as it says it will (lol).
    I look forward to watching your progress. Good luck!

4. Hey Andrew!
    I am also doing cooking for my learning project! As someone who is often busy but prefers to eat healthy I completely understand. I have found lots of useful cooking recipes on Feedly. I am looking forward to reading your blog and watching your progress! Good luck!