Round 1: Hostas, Hydrangeas, and Junipers

The time has come to transform my yard! I decided to spread my planting over three days:

• Day One: Hostas, Hydrangeas, and Junipers
  • Day Two: Vegetables and Herbs
  • Day Three: Pernennials

So I began right where I planned. I started by watching a few YouTube videos to get the gist of what I needed to do.

So armed with my newfound knowledge and my shovel and dirt, I went out and got started. And honestly, I don’t have much to report. I started with the junipers in the front, dug the holes, filled it with some dirt, put them in, and done!

Garden bed with three cedars
Planted Junipers

Then I headed to the backyard and repeated the process again with the hydrangea bush and the hostas.

Firepit with two yellow chairs and a planted hydrangea bush
Planted Hydrangea Bush
Yard with outdoor décor and three hosta plants
Planted Hostas

I guess the planting part is the easy part? Hopefully, I can keep them alive, and pray for me that the next two days go just as easy!

2 thoughts on “Round 1: Hostas, Hydrangeas, and Junipers”

1. Ohhhhh, giiiiiiirrrlllll. This is so exciting to following along with! I love that you’re doing this. Despite my grandparents haveing green thumbs, I do not. So I’m always in awe of people who take these feats on. Also, I love the playlist. I love it all. Your yard looks incredible. You got them all in, and here’s hoping they keep growing. I’m here for this journey.

1. It was a running joke in my family that I lacked any sort of patience to keep a garden alive, but as a self-proclaimed stubborn girl, I wanted to prove them wrong so for me this project has two end goals!