Tool I haven’t used before

In my learning project I used to use zoom to record my screen and myself, and today I wanted to try Screencastify.

It works very well, and I liked it the most that you can edit your video and trim it easily.

What I liked in Screencastify is that you  record video with your webcam or record what’s happening on your screen. It allows you to choose to record a specific web browser tab or the entire web browser or your computer’s desktop. You can choose between cameras and microphones if you have more than one plugged in.

It allows you to upload directly to Google Drive or YouTube channels.

But: if you want to record more than 5 minutes you need to upgrade it. That is the only downside I’ve noticed.

About Rami Bakfalouni

Hey, I'm an education student for middle years students 6-9 at the University of Regina
This entry was posted in EDTC300, Learning Project. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Tool I haven’t used before

1. Delaney Epp says:

Hey Rami,
    I am glad you got to explore Screencastify. I have used it a handful of times for various reasons and found it user-friendly. I also like how it is a chrome extension; very slick! I know the 5-minute limit does suck. Would you consider getting it upgraded if you can imagine yourself using it a lot in your future classroom? If not, I know there are a few more screen-casting tools out there you could try.
    Thanks,
    Delaney