Everyone uses the most recent technological tools for smart learning nowadays, including teachers and students. The classroom and home learning environments for students have been modernized by technology. Students can now learn complex concepts quickly and easily thanks to improved technological tools. The COVID-19 epidemic has altered schooling in a way that has never been seen before. Many schools have been forced to switch to online education as they navigate and control the growth of COVID-19. In-person classes might provide difficulties for student participation, but online courses can make it seem practically impossible. The tool teachers require to engage their students in a distance learning environment may be Padlet.

A simple definition of Padlet is an internet noticeboard. It provides teachers with a blank canvas to personalize their own platforms and incorporate a variety of media resources, including videos, photographs, useful links, a newsletter for the classroom, is

Padlet Raises $1.2 Million For Its Easy-To-Use, Collaborative Website  Builder | TechCrunchusing classroom updates, lesson material, solutions to problems, and more. The fact that Padlet is extremely simple to use, particularly for young kids, is one of its best features for teachers. It functions on desktop and laptop computers as well as gadgets like Chromebooks, iPads, and smartphones. The ability for teachers to decide whether contributions include student identities or are anonymous may be the most significant. This gives students who might otherwise be afraid to speak up more confidence. Teachers can make up to three Padlet boards at once using the free version of Padlet available to all users. This is a fantastic choice for educators who only intend to use it rarely or who want to give it a shot to see whether it works for them. A link is generated when one creates a Padlet that other users or teachers can share with students. Once they click the link, students can submit something on the Padlet board. Students can add more content, such as films, pictures, or audio snippets, depending on the Padlet template they’ve selected.

Strengths of using Padlet

Everyone is aware of students’ love of creativity. Using Padlet in the classroom allows me to inspire students to be imaginative. By posting it on a Padlet wall, students will also have the chance to share their creative work with their classmates. By building a wall and posting their original concepts on it, students can engage in friendly competition with one another. Students would improve their creativity in this way, and their teachers would also value it. Consequently, use this technological instrument to foster creativity. The student’s academic success is significantly influenced by their engagement in class. In order to increase their knowledge, students must actively participate in the classroom. By posting questions on the Padlet wall, students can interact with their teacher and classmates to explore difficult academic topics. A wonderful resource for keeping track of class updates is Padlet. I can keep track of the subjects of recent and prospective class assignments as well as their due dates by using it in the classroom. I will also have the chance to write and expand the vocabulary of students by adding new words each day to its wall. Therefore, it is possible to state that this technological instrument will not only keep me informed but will also improve students’ academic achievement.Padlet for student engagement online - Digital Learning

Benefits of using Padlet in the classroom

Padlet - Lessons - Blendspace Collaboration: The first benefit is that it promotes collaboration between students and teachers. Imagine it to be a huge noticeboard. Post-its can be put up on the notice board by anyone who has the link. A webpage, video, image, or remark can all be included on the post-it. When I want my students to collaborate on projects, such as teacher book studies, I use Padlet. There is no waiting because all student comments and contributions are made in real time. Padlet enables dialogue between the poster and the audience. As the instructor, I have the option of assigning grades using points, votes, stars, or thumbs-up/down responses.

Instant publishing: Students can instantly publish their work using the application. This is extremely important to my educational philosophy, and I’m constantly looking for opportunities for my students to publish their work. Publishing work “outside my desk” increases engagement and accountability significantly. When they are aware that their writing will probably be read by people other than me, they write better.

No account is required: To participate, students do not need to create an account. They can access the Padlet by clicking on the link I send them.

Privacy: I have the option of making the Padlet private, in which case only my classes will have access to it or public.

Good design: The Padlet boards have a pleasing appearance and can visually support the board content. For instance, I can use the site’s built-in color schemes, backgrounds, and pictures to construct a Padlet that fits the topic or subject matter. I can also utilize images that are on my computer or a website.

Cons to Padlet

• There are only three Padlets available with a free account, but you may always archive one after using it and continuing to add more.
  • More sophisticated features require a fee.
  • There is no real way to control what students write online.

In conclusion, it is evident that students should appreciate the value of this technological tool and request that their teachers integrate Padlet into the classroom. so that students can explore the newest technological tools while also expanding their expertise. Padlet is a dynamic website and it is a cost-free, adaptable, and useful tool. It is adaptable and ideal for language teaching and learning requirements. Any type of learner and learning scenario is given the equal opportunity on this platform. Students can share knowledge with one another using Padlet. They can view a particular subject from a variety of perspectives as a result of gathering and exchanging ideas, which also helps them perceive things more clearly. Students have the excellent chance to continuously learn about a variety of topics thanks to Padlet. Padlet offers students the chance to take part in a range of debates. In order to teach and learn the language enthusiastically and easily, Padlet offers both teachers and students. Padlet is a tool that can be used for review and extension activities.