Social media platforms enable users to set up profiles, communicate with friends, family, and coworkers, and exchange various types of content, including text, images, videos, and links. Social media has transformed how we communicate, access information, and develop relationships in both the personal and professional domains. There are various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, and Twitter. But I began using Twitter in this class. I didn’t want to use Twitter since I’ve never felt completely comfortable with it. Facebook and Instagram are two platforms I am familiar with. Prior to this class, I had some experience using Twitter. In the year 2021, when I was in India, I made an account on Twitter. I wanted to get in touch with Scotia Bank about concerns with my account. I looked online and discovered that Twitter, rather than the phone, is the best way to get in touch with them. I started exploring Twitter only for this class and now my thinking is changed I think that Twitter has many benefits.

Twitter in my  Future Classroom

Twitter has become a potent tool for educators, students, and professionals to improve learning, collaboration, and professional development in education. Twitter presents distinctive chances for educational engagement and information

Using Twitter in the Classroom

sharing due to its real-time communication and international reach. Twitter would change my classroom into a lively, participatory learning space. There are various different ways to use Twitter in the classroom. During class or as part of homework projects, students would have the chance to participate in live discussions and express their ideas, questions, and thoughts. This would encourage students to participate actively, think critically, and express themselves clearly within the platform’s character limit. Additionally, Twitter would be an effective platform for distributing resources. To provide my students with a wide variety of information, I could compile a list of educational accounts and hashtags that relate to the subjects I teach. I am a science teacher, and in the future,  Twitter can assist my students in staying current on the most recent scientific news and findings. Students can acquire brief summaries or links to in-depth pieces by following reliable science news sources or scholarly journals. This promotes a deeper awareness of the scientific community by keeping them up to date on innovations, cutting-edge technologies, and ongoing research. In order to build a collaborative knowledge repository, students could also add to the shared resource pool by suggesting worthwhile material they come across.

Twitter as a professional development tool

In the future, Twitter could be a very useful tool for my professional development. I can grow my professional network, have access to a variety of information and perspectives, and keep up with the most recent developments in education by participating actively in the Twitter educational community. I may make connections with like-minded educators, and subject matter experts in my sector, creating a network of individuals with like objectives.Great Things Happen When Educators Discover the Power of Twitter | A+ Alabama Best Practices Center Through Twitter, I can participate in debates, pose inquiries, and look for direction from knowledgeable educators who can provide insightful viewpoints. I could raise my profile and add to the conversation on education thanks to Twitter’s format. I might reach a larger group of educators who would gain from my insights by sharing my experiences, cutting-edge techniques, and teaching comments. In addition to inspiring and motivating others in the field, this would promote a culture of sharing and collaboration.

Advantages and disadvantages of Twitter 

I had no prior knowledge about Twitter accounts because I wasn’t familiar with them and didn’t use them frequently, but after taking this class, I believe that Twitter has numerous advantages. Advantages and Disadvantages of Twitter (Twitter Pros & Cons Overview)since it makes real-time communication and information sharing possible. Staying informed and connected can benefit from Twitter’s capacity to give quick updates on news, events, and trends. For my career advancement, Twitter can be a helpful resource. It gives users access to a wide selection of scholarly works, conversations, and learning resources. I can broaden my knowledge, discover new teaching methods, and receive insights from peers and professionals by taking part in educational conversations, following pertinent hashtags, and interacting with thought leaders.

The fact that Twitter is a public platform and tweets can be seen by anybody is one of the main reasons I hesitate to use it. I worry about privacy and might be reluctant to share personal information or participate in open discussions. Advantages and Disadvantages of TwitterAnyone can publish information on Twitter due to its open nature, which raises the possibility of running across false or misleading information. On Twitter, there is a never-ending stream of tweets, and there is a tonne of information available. Finding pertinent and accurate content might be difficult when there is so much noise. As a result, it could be challenging to concentrate on particular debates or topics and experience information overload.

I believe that Twitter is the best information source. Before this class, I didn’t regularly use Twitter, but once Dr. Katia created a group and all of my classmates started sharing news stories about education technology and other topics, I decided to give it a try. For its communication possibilities, networking chances, real-time information, and advantages for professional development, I believe that Twitter is the greatest platform.