Nov 1 PDP

November 2, 2023 0 By Stella Mulatz
Professional Development Plan (short-term)
Date: Nov 1st Class/context:  3/4
Intern:  Stella Mulatz Observer: Hannant
Professional Focus / Intention / Goal: 

Moving around the classroom. 

Steps to achieve goal / I will practice:

• Be aware of the students you have and have not talked to and ensure you make your way around to all students
  • Have prompting questions related to your lesson to bring up to students as you roam.
Specific instructions for observer:

• Watch where I’m spending most of my time and if I’m moving around to all different areas of the classroom while teaching or during work periods. 
Data Collection / Observations:

• Mark where I am spending more of my time and if I am missing areas of the classroom
Comments / Feedback related to professional focus:

–  Recognized that the one corner needed some guidance during the lesson

–  Moved throughout the classroom during the activity and engaged with all different students on their progress

– Seemed to make it to all groups. Wondered around the room during all hours of the day not just your lesson to see how students were doing and if you could lend a hand.

Self-reflection related to the professional experience, feedback provided, and/or post-conference conversation:

• Being more aware of it helped me to see where I needed to be and forced me to watch out for which areas were more difficult to get to and I would make my way there. 
  • Focusing on it helped me to see when students looked confused or needed help.