EDTC300,  Intro post

Gettin’ this party started

Hello everyone, I am new here. Here as in blogging.

“SHE DOESNT EVEN GO HERE”

No, for real, I really don’t belong here – yet. I am new to this blogging thing. I haven’t had a lot of time to play around with the site so let’s call it “under construction” for now. SEND HELP.

I am kidding. You should become familiar with my sarcasm and silly jokes as you stick around as I pave the way for new knowledge and skills that come with owning a blog.

As far as getting to know me – if you haven’t guessed it already, that is under the “About Me” tab at the top of the page. What won’t be in there is information about my technologically advanced brain. I am a robot. No, no, but … how can you know for sure? I am kidding, sheesh. I do have a lot of experience and comfort when it comes to technology. I rarely find something technology-related that I do not understand, or am able to understand. I have been able to test a couple of new things out while teaching which has helped me. I have used Google Classroom and Math Prodigy. I have also used Google platforms to teach computer skills. This also means that I am giving Twitter another go – I gave up on it originally in 2008. Hit me up @AllysiaCoburn #blessed or whatever kids say nowadays.

munofore.com

In all seriousness, this is giving me some serious Gossip Girl vibes and I am digging it (if you don’t know what Gossip Girl is, go search it on Netflix, then binge away). I do look forward to what is to come on here. I hope you enjoy this content because, well, it’s a pandemic and there’s nothing else to do but be entertained by a stranger. And, honestly, follow Ryan Gosling until the ends of the Earth. You know why.

Bye for now!

XoXo Gossip Girl, uh, I mean Allysia 🙂

Hi there, I am a new mom and am a 2nd-year teacher. I pushed through 2020 by hitting the most milestones during a pandemic - we bought a house, got married, and had a baby! I left my last teaching job, in Alberta, just prior to the pandemic and thankfully moved home to Regina, SK before the provinces were shut down. Now that it is 2021 and I have a new baby, I am making use of this down time and being stuck at home - I started my path towards a certificate in extended studies in Secondary Mathematics.

• Trista Kennett

Allysia, your blog is wonderful! I love your sense of humour and your ability to communicate your message blog-style! The overall look of your website it beautiful and clean. I am looking at it on a iPhone and it looks great on here. I am excited to see you continue to develop your EDTC skills! ?

• Tina Bowley

Glad to see someone else in class working on their certificate. I am working on a certificate as well and have taken a few of the mathematics courses.

Congratulations on your recent life milestones and good luck juggling motherhood and student life. I commend anybody who can do both!

• Caelyn Hembroff

I double the Ryan Gossling fandom…HELLO! Thanks for the laugh today- I look forward to reading your posts this semester!