First project and giving InShot a try

First project and giving InShot a try

Thank you Inshot for helping me document my first project- a Fall planter arrangement. InShot is a new mobile editing app for me. It had a lot of features and options. You can trim, speed up, apply filters etc. I kind of experimented with this video and used a lot of the different options. The video was a bit disjointed, but now that I know what the features do, I will know for next time which ones are necessary.

This is a free app which I am always a fan of. I did find that there were A LOT of popups and ads so that was frustrating at times. I am not sure I would want to use this app directly with students, but I could navigate it to showcase their learning or experiences. I liked that I could add photos , collages, and videos and splice them in. Overall, it was a pretty straight forward video editing app and I can see myself using it when producing classroom and school videos.

I would say that InShot falls under the SAMR model of Augmentation and Modification.

Christopher Hiedeman walked me through this project. I watched this video for inspiration and was pretty impressed with the final product!

5 thoughts on “First project and giving InShot a try

1. Kaelyn, first of all, your arrangement is beautiful! I love how autumn here in Regina can be reflected in colors. And second, I like InShot, I used to use it a couple of years ago, and thanks to your post, I will try it again. Thank you!

2. Wow Kaelyn! You did such a great job with your flower arrangement! You make me want to try and do this. I am curious about prices … I am curious about InShot. i have never heard of it before. Now I want to try it!

3. Hi Kaelyn! I love these flowers so much. I have always loved flowers and these just hit the right spot. Nice video as well! Definitely will consider trying this when I get more room in my apartment haha! keep it up!

4. This arrangement is so so pretty! I love the colours you chose and the little scarecrow addition. I have never heard of InShot but your video looks SO good I think I will try it for my project one week. I love how you connected it to the classroom and how you would use it. I will incorporate that into my blog posts more often! Great Job!

5. Beautiful flower arrangement. One good thing about fall is that the flowers all have different colors to make beautiful arrangements. Perfect timing to have it on display for Thanksgiving weekend.