Workplace & Volunteer Experiences

Walmart

In High school I worked at Walmart for about a year. I worked in the toy department helping children and parents find that perfect toy which really gave me a lot of knowledge as to what kids enjoy doing in their free time and what exactly they liked to play with. I was also able to gain a lot of customer service experience.

Pinnacle Industrial Services

I have worked at Pinnacle Industrial for about five years now but I often take time off for school and other job opportunities. I work in both the shipping/receiving department as well as in the shop running various machines. I have always valued Pinnacle for the flexibility they have given me with my hours as well as the experiences I have gained working for this great company. While working for Pinnacle, I have gained a lot of experience working with my hands which will help me teach PAA if the opportunity arises.

Croft Electric

After high school I went to Saskatchewan Polytechnic to take a pre employment course in electrical. I worked for Croft for about 6 months before I raised that the electrician business wasn’t for me and followed my dream of becoming a teacher. while working for Croft I gained a lot of experience working with my hands and electrical which will help me teach PAA if I get the opportunity.

Regina Food Bank

In high school, my class and I decided to spend a day volunteering at the regina food bank where we helped sort food and assembled food baskets to be given out. I really enjoyed this experience and saw the need that they had and would love to take my own class there someday.

Souls Harbour Rescue Mission

In high school a few friends and I decided to dedicate some of our time after school to volunteer at the Souls Harbour. We were tasked with jobs such as cleaning, preparing food, and serving the guests that came in. I had some really great experiences volunteering here and would really like to go back.