Do you know “red?+yellow?=orange?“?

Last week, I learned about primary colors and the color wheel.

The color wheel and primary colors

However, we notice that there are many blanks in the wheel.

What colors should we put in?

After this project, we will know what secondary colors are.

Ahh, let’s stop beating around the bush. The secondary colors are orange, green, and purple. They come from the mixing of primary colors:

Orange = Yellow + Red

The secondary colors I made!

Green = Blue + Yellow

Purple = Blue + Red

We should notice that there are many kinds of red, blue, and yellow because of different tones.

Therefore, the orange, green, and purple you get might be different from one another. That’s totally not a problem 😉 If you want lighter orange, green, or purple, you can use a white pastel to mediate.

What we can benefit from this project?

Well, you can save some money on buying markers because you are learning how to blend colors.

I learned from the Youtube video below about secondary colors. Please start at 3:46 and stop at 5:21.

This video consists of verbal explanations and practical experiments which are suitable for learners with different backgrounds. For example, as an ESL learner, I pretty much like the speaker presenting how to fill in the color wheel in person rather than looking at some how-to articles. In Arts, visual instruction transfers information more directly than verbal and written ones.

Spoil Alert for next week: Tertiary colors

This entry was posted in Learning Project and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.