I summarize my learning by making an interactive video on H5P. Here is the link to my artifact: https://yiquandongrx.h5p.com/content/1291812974680995148
In the summary, I autobiographically discuss my learning when I play the roles of a student and a teacher. The bookmarks in my interactive video serve as an outline of my presentation. I first talk about the importance for educators to learn Education Technology. Then, I move my focus to my learning as a student. After that, I move my focus to my learning as an educator. In the end, I discuss how this class inspires my teaching of education technology and digital citizenship in my future classroom.
As a student, I learned:
- Different online platforms and useable software
- The evolvement of the digital world
- The challenges in the digital world
- The definition of digital citizenship
- A little bit of coding and programming
- How to become a digitally literate citizen
- What is my digital identity
As an educator, I learned:
- The importance of teaching digital citizenship in school
- The aspects I should focus on when I teach Education Technology
- The strategies I can use when I teach Education Technology
- The importance for teachers to keep positive online/public profiles
In sum, I placed myself in the position of a student in this class; I saw my professor as a teacher who I should learn from. In my future classroom (probably the ones in high school), I will teach EdTech in a way as Katia does.
Hi Yiquan, I liked your summary of learning in this video. Also how you differentiated your learning as a student or as an educator. All the best.
Thank you, Sunaina!