My LUMI Experience – Cultural Variety in Communities In Saskatchewan

The title Cultural Variety in Communities In Saskatchewan of my blog describes how I motivated myself to become acquainted with the LUMI platform during my initial use of it. The first time using LUMI can be both a thrilling and difficult experience. Its features did pique my interest and anticipation, but as I started looking around and watching the tutorial videos, I discovered a well-organized design with distinct parts that were easily navigable.

It provides real-time support in various ways, such as automating the grading process for assignments and quizzes, offering personalized feedback to students, and assisting with time management and study reminders. Lumi also facilitates interactive learning experiences through virtual simulations, quizzes, and collaborative projects. Additionally, it assists educators with professional development by providing access to educational resources and best practices. Overall, Lumi enhances the online teaching experience by streamlining administrative tasks, promoting personalized learning, and fostering a more engaging and effective virtual classroom environment. Since this is the initial time I’ve heard of or used Lumi, the task seemed a little overwhelming at first. However, after reading the instruction, Lumi was simple to use and it was simple to incorporate the interactive tools. I ran through a few obstacles when making my Lumi video. Learning how to use each of the available tools and how they functioned on the platform was one of the hurdles. Timing was also difficult because I had to halt the video precisely when the speaker finished speaking or when the slide changed. The interactive video creation process took the longest to perfect the timing.

Content

By studying about various cultural groups, traditions, and contributions, students will explore and understand the cultural diversity in communities across Saskatchewan. The main objective is to create an asynchronous learning environment where students may learn more quickly and expand their knowledge. Synchronous activities like debates, Q&A sessions, and group discussions using online technologies will be added as supplements. So i prepared four week class, which was divided into various modules.4 weeks, with the length depends on the class’s pace.

Week 1: An Overview of Cultural Diversity in Saskatchewan

Introduce the idea of cultural variety to the kids and discuss its importance in Saskatchewan communities. We’ll delve into the interesting subject of “cultural variety.” Imagine a box of crayons with various colors in it, each one representing a distinct group of people with their own traditions, languages, and customs.

Activities:

Discussion in class: Have a debate about what culture is and how it affects our daily life.
Locate and label the several communities in Saskatchewan that are noted for their cultural variety on the map.
Presenting Cultures Showcase Saskatchewan’s diverse cultural groups in a multimedia show.

Week 2: Investigating Saskatchewan’s Cultural GroupsMcGill Library - De-Stress + Sketch: Digital Edition // Brought to you by  McGill University's McGill Visual Arts Collection Every Sunday for the  upcoming few weeks, we will share an artwork from

Asynchronous Education

Students conduct research on various cultural groups represented in Saskatchewan (such as Indigenous, Ukrainian, German, Chinese, etc.) and develop presentations on those topics.
Encourage your pupils to include audio, video, and traditional music or dance examples in their presentations.
For their peers to view and remark on, students upload their presentations on a digital platform.
Synchronized action

Encourage kids to participate in a virtual conversation about the importance of sustaining cultural variety in Saskatchewan communities.
Divide the students into two groups and give them the task of presenting arguments from various angles.
During the debate, encourage polite dialogue and counterarguments.

Week 3: Communities of Immigrants in Saskatchewan

Explore how immigration has impacted Saskatchewan’s cultural variety and gain knowledge about various immigrant groups.
Activities:
Make a chronology of Saskatchewan’s major immigration waves, then talk about the cultural influences they had.
Cultural cuisine Day: Request that students bring in and share with the class cuisine from their family’s heritage.
My ancestral: Ask students to conduct ancestral research on their own families and display their discoveries through artistic means, such as posters or quick videos.

Week 4: Celebrating Cultural DiversityUNA | Canadian Multicultural Celebrations - UNA

Objective: Understand the importance of celebrating cultural diversity and fostering inclusion in Saskatchewan communities.

Activities:

1. Cultural Fair: Organize a virtual cultural fair where students can showcase their learning from the past weeks. Each student or group can create a digital booth representing a cultural group.
  2. Diversity Pledge: Have students write a pledge or create artwork expressing their commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion in their community.
  3. Reflection and Discussion: Engage in a class discussion about what they’ve learned and how they can celebrate and embrace cultural variety in their daily lives.

Assessment:

1. Class participation during discussions and activities.
  2. Completion of individual and group assignments, such as cultural presentations and artwork.

Conclusion: By the end of this lesson plan, students will have gained a deeper understanding and appreciation for the cultural variety in communities across Saskatchewan. They will recognize the significance of cultural diversity in shaping the province’s history and fostering a harmonious and inclusive society.

Here is a link for my Lumi Video