Course Walkthrough

Hello everyone

I’d want to start by stating that I thoroughly enjoyed the course’s material and feel like I learned a lot of skills, resources, and knowledge. The course module development process was both fascinating and hard, and I intend to continue improving and implementing it in the future. I loved all of the comments and feedback, as well as Katia’s encouragement and push to stretch myself; I felt like my ability to build a usable, accessible blended unit had significantly improved. My main takeaways were the use of video to assure accessibility, involvement, community, and instructor-student connection. It was an exciting and educational journey. It was difficult for me at the outset of this course to build an online course for EC&I 834. I had to decide on a target student demographic, a course style and toolbox, course content and objectives, course evaluation needs, and how the course prototype would be organized overall.

Summary of the course

Grade -4 , Social Studies -Origins of the Cultural Diversity and Impact of the Land on the Lifestyles and Settlement Patterns in Saskatchewan communities.DR 4.1 & 4.2

DR4.1 -(Dynamic Relationships DR 4.1)Impact of the land on the lifestyles and settlement patterns of the people of Saskatchewan

DR 4.2-(Dynamic Relationships DR 4.2 )Relationship of First Nations and Métis peoples with the land.

Targeted Population( Age, Grade, Gender) The audience for this subject is students in grade 4, who are the target group for this learning. They range in age from 6 to 12. At this age, kids start examining their environment and beginning to wonder about the various shapes of the items.

Accessibility features include the ability to expand fonts, buttons, and videos, as well as films that read courses aloud, alternate text, open-form assignment submissions, and an evaluation and needs form. 

Integrations with technology: Jam Board Screencastify (interactive films and videos), Lumi (videos, dragging and dropping, and filling in the blanks), Google Docs, Slides, and Forms

Demographics- All of the students taking this course nowadays have access to modern technologies like laptops and computers. The population of Regina, the capital of Saskatchewan, is very diversified, which greatly diversifies the audience that is being targeted. The population is more diverse since not everyone has access to technology equally

Here is the link of my course walkthrough video

QR code for the video