LEARNING PROJECT #9

I was excited about this week’s learning project, as I’ve decided last week to have some embroidery on my casual dress trousers. Though, I arranged all the supplies last week, but couldn’t make it up.

It was my plan to create something myself, without using any pattern. After thinking about some different ideas, I thought of an embroidery pattern using those stitches, like chain stitch and stem stitch, which I’ve already learned for my hand embroidery learning project.

The supplies I needed were, thread, needle, scissors, frame, and of course, a trouser. I used black and greyish blue five strands of thread, to create some flower patterns. I chose these colours because they match with my casual dress shirt.

I used the black thread for the middle part, and greyish for the leaves. I had super fun doing that, and completed it in one day.

I remember, I was fascinated by hand embroidery since my younger grades, but I admired only simple and light work. I didn’t consider practising hand embroidery, but I saw my friends doing that alot. I liked to have crocheting when I had some extra time. I remember creating borders around my dresses and scarves by crocheting. It’s been a long time, I couldn’t continue crocheting, but my journey of learning hand embroidery is fascinating me to revive my hidden talent.

2 Replies to “LEARNING PROJECT #9”

1. Hi Uzma,
    Wow those are great. I would rock those pants all day, I love flowers. That would be cool on the pocket of a button up shirt. The possibilities are endless. Keep it up.
    -Cody

2. Hi Uzma!
    This is incredible and you are such a natural at this. I do a lot of hand stitches but that’s just where it ends for me. keep up with the great job you’re doing. well done!