Yes, I am a teacher twenty-four hours a day. All “… teachers have a responsibility to act at all times in a manner that is worthy of … public trust and consistent with the teaching profession’s expectations” (STF, 2019, p. 2). Even outside the classroom and school environment, I need to act in a professional way that inspires confidence and trust in my teaching abilities. In the age of social media, I believe it is especially important to act and behave professionally; parents and colleagues will be able to find any post online, even if it is not one’s intention for them to see it. Essentially, I will need to act professional in all public aspects of my life. I want to be respected as a person by the community because if they do not respect me as a person, I cannot expect them to respect me as a teacher. 

Reference

Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation. (2019). Teacher Professionalism: A Public Trust. Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation. 1-8. https://www.stf.sk.ca/sites/default/files/teacher_professionalism_public_trust.pdf