Participation vs. Activeness

Hey everyone,

After watching the anthropological introduction by Wesch, I have some interesting views. He claimed that he believes media is used to mediate human relationships. I believe that this is an interesting way to view it but it is also correct. Human relationships change daily and by changing media, this could drastically affect human relationships.

In regards to my future classroom, I think technology will play a key role in participation. Some forms of this may include:

• Kahoot
  • Google Classroom
  • Online Games

These will be necessary for students to build relationships, complete work and succeed in the class.

However, for schooling, the ever-changing aspect of technology could be harmful in a sense. If teachers try to focus and stay up to date, this could falter their ability to utilize other resources and result in their teaching style being less effective. Teachers who use technology such as videos and documents, are often engaging however, too much can be harmful in the sense that it becomes unorganized. Not only this, but using too much technology can add onto the idea of younger generations becoming addicted to media. According to the article we read, 54% of students believe it would be hard to give up social media. As teachers, we do not want to add to this.

Overall, I think technology is a key and important aspect to aiding in children’s learning. However, as I said, there is a point where enough is enough and each teacher needs to find out where that threshold is for themselves.

This entry was posted in EDTC 300. Bookmark the permalink.