Technology in Classroom!!

Top teachers integrate technology in the classroom - this is how!
https://www.niallmcnulty.com/2021/03/technology-in-the-classroom/

There is no doubt in saying that technology has made our lives very easy. It was indeed a great debate and discussion about the pros and cons of Technology enhancing teaching and learning. I was on the agree side in the beginning and after listening to all the discussion; I was still on the agree part because I believe that technology is truly helping educators to enhance learning and teaching among students. In my own experience of teaching, usage of technology like smartboards, interactive boards, laptops, the internet, and many technological advancements play a vital role in bringing innovativeness in teaching students.

How Teachers Feel About Technology In The Classroom
Source- Image attribution Flickr user celtkeene; How Teachers Feel About Technology In The Classroom

Technology has become a way of life for students. Even when they are not in school almost everything they do is connected to technology in some way. This has predisposed students to be able to connect with technology in the classroom. It is much easier to connect with individualized lesson plans through technology than by reading a textbook or listening to a long lecture. Students are also able to connect with the tools they need to be successful in the 21st century. Technology in the classroom is essential for increasing student engagement and empowering educators to create innovative learning experiences in and out of class. With an Internet connection, we have access to information at our fingertips 24 hours a day. We can find almost anything online, in its most up-to-date version. For students, this means access to everything from research materials and educational apps to interactive edutainment and open resources from prestigious universities around the world. (Students may, however, need instruction on how to find credible resources and direction on providing proper attribution when they use them.) Students can also supplement their learning by connecting with online groups and virtual communities in real-time, or by collaborating on group projects using tools such as wikis and cloud-based apps. And instructors can provide access to the course material (and additional resources) by setting up portals through learning management systems or giving access to course-specific software for each learner. For budget-conscious educators, open educational resources may provide helpful course materials their students can access throughout a course. 

As mentioned by the agree side in one of their reading about how technology is improving education through the vast range of educational apps, software, and e-learning tools. Similarly, in my last course #eci832 I learnt about Commonsense Media Education and it provides a great way of lesson plans for teachers, especially at the elementary level, and helps educators as well as students to learn about media literacies. It gives quick and easy teaching strategies for integrating technology into the classroom.

Technology changes extremely quickly. It is important that educators keep up with these changes to ensure students are prepared for our ever-changing world. Integrating technology into the classroom can enhance student learning. However, it is also important to remember that technology is not a complete replacement for traditional methods. Technology should be used to enrich the overall educational experience and improve student learning outcomes. This will allow the technology used to have a profound impact on student learning.

Thanks,

Gunpreesh kaur 🙂

5 thoughts on “Technology in Classroom!!

1. Good write up Gunpreesh! I cannot agree more that technology has truly made our lives easier. We cannot even picture what things were like prior to the inception of technology. The point I resonate with the most is how it has bridged knowledge gaps. There is virtually almost every resource needed online, students get to pick and choose.

2. Thank you so much for sharing this informative tech blog. Technology has always been a part of our lives, even when we didn’t know it. Modern technology has paved the way for multi-functional devices like the smartwatch and the smartphone. Computers are increasingly faster, more portable, and higher-powered than ever before. With all of these revolutions, technology has also made our lives easier, faster, better, and more fun. I am very much interested in the tech tools that you mention in your blog i.e. Commonsense Media Education. It will be a great asset for teachers in order to educate students about media literacy,

3. Thank you for sharing this useful information!
    Not only is technology changing the way students learn, but it is also changing the way teachers teach! This is fantastic news. Times change, and technology is everywhere; utilizing this fact for educational purposes is a requirement, and the rewards are substantial. The benefit of implementing technology in education is that it makes many aspects of education easier and more equal to every student in many and simple ways. For example, implementing technology in the classroom may help students stay engaged and focused; students can easily cooperate and collaborate with the help of technology; previously, students would create posters, notes, and charts of their work. Students can use technology to develop a digital library of information and ideas and share it with others.

4. Hello Gunpreesh,

It is clear that technology has certainly brought many advantages to the classroom and beyond. It is amazing to see how connected we have become to each other, and the amount of learning that is able to occur because of this. This way of learning is new to all involved and as we know every changing. Because of this, it is so important for educators to be lifelong learners and continue to integrate technology in the classroom in ways that benefit student learning. In your blog, you mentioned the Commonsense media site for teachers, which is a great tool for teachers looking to integrate. Thanks for sharing!

5. Gunpreesh, I really liked the infographics you included on your page. They are very visually appealing, and I found myself drawn to them. I too think that technology has created a lot of advantages in the world of education, but there are still many issues that need to be addressed. I also agree with Arkin, that because technology is so quickly changing, educators need to continue learning, and our divisions need to increase the professional learning opportunities to ensure that technology is in fact used to enhance learning.