Creativity! – Abby and Avery

So this week, I had the option of Coding a short Scratch project or doing one of the Hour of Code options on Code.org. Coding is one thing I’ve never imagined doing so, I was anxious about giving it a try. I decided to try out Coding using the Scratch website.

First, I had to learn the basics in Scratch via tutorials – this was helpful. I could choose my characters (I went with 2 human characters – Abby and Avery). I experienced a little challenge here with Avery as this character was not facing Abby. Still, thanks to the tutorials page, I was able to fix that by flipping Avery horizontally using the costume tool. I also learned how to make my characters speak using the text-to-speech extension. To learn more about these tools, I explored the Scratch Wiki website.

After successfully adding text to each character, I tried something else: changing the backdrop from a blank screen to a school setting.

My experience with Coding using Scratch is fun but time-consuming. My biggest takeaway from this app is the ability to create and make happen what I want. This app would allow students to become good problem solvers and exercise creativity.

So, here is the outcome of my Scratch project.

In conclusion, I would say that Coding is an essential skill to learn as it enhances problem-solving, logical thinking, and creativity. Teaching coding to students would help prepare them for a future where technology is limitless.

This entry was posted in EDTC300. Bookmark the permalink.