Strumming – Getting Deeper

Last week, I attempted some strumming patterns and felt so good about it so I decided to get deeper into strumming by learning how to strum in a song. I explored YouTube and discovered the Good Guitarist page on playing the “Happy Birthday” song with easy chords and strumming. I found playing the chords to the song easy to learn though challenging to transition between the G Chord and C Chord. It’s fun playing a song with just three chords.

Attempting to strum to the song was in no way fun. I find it difficult to keep up with the pace of the music while strumming and transitioning between chords at the same time. I realized the difference between playing strumming patterns and implementing the patterns in a song. I hope to achieve this goal next week.

So, I have a goal of strumming to the “Happy Birthday” Song, please wish me luck as I pursue this goal.

This entry was posted in EDTC300, Learning Project. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Strumming – Getting Deeper

1. Jaida says:

Hey Inemesit,

I think keeping the skill fresh about strumming is super important. I have been learning to play the ukulele in my learning posts over the last couple of weeks and have continued working on the skill of strumming week after week. Setting goals for yourself is a great way to keep yourself in line. I love how you have a goal of strumming to happy birthday. You can later personalize this and play for important people in your life.